Monday, September 25, 2006

Apple gone a courtin

Looks like Apple has decided to claim a trademark on the term "podcast" in much the same offical way Daisy, my beagle mix, claims the neighborhood fire hydrant every day around dusk, sending cease and desist orders to certain smaller site owners that use the term.

This has lots of folks upset, and rightly so ...

So, far, I'm one of the lucky ones, though Cupertino could be working its way down a list and might go after those who use "pod" as a suffix, as well as a prefix or a root word, eventually. Still, guess I better delay the unveiling of my new show until I contact a lawyer ... I was planning to call it "Live With Regis, Kleenex, Mo-Ped, Xerox and Jet Ski."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In the midst of a successful, albeit difficult to Google, 12-year professional career as a newsroom manager for a slew of daily newspapers, Curt decided it was time to siphon back some of the creative spotlight, and "wow" readers with his deft improvisational typing. "Digital Slob" debuted in 2002.

Digital Slob twitters